Here are some interesting things about spicy fruits to put between your ears.
1. Size Matters. The hottest varieties of Chilli Peppers are all under 3 inches long.
2. Scrap Your Multivitamins. Pound for Pound Chillies contain more vitamin C than Oranges, more vitamin A than Carrots and can help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism.
3. The More You Eat, The Less It Hurts. Studies show that with consistent exposure to capsaicin, the active ingredient in chilli peppers, decreases the perceived pungency.
4. The United Kingdom is home to two of the hottest Chillies in the world, the Naga Viper and the Infinity Pepper.
5. Gustatory Perspiration is the scientific term for sweating your chops off after eating a face full of hot food.