One of the great things about working at Lick My Dip (apart from getting to try endless hot sauces!), is discovering the best producers around Britain, who are as passionate about hot & spicy as we are.
This month we got Screaming Chimp, whose Original Sauce is in the April’s Lick My Dip box, to share their tasty take on the comforting Chilli. Make sure to add a few more spoons of the sauce than recommended to really feel the burn (if you dare).
Have a go and share with us your thoughts!
Home Made Chimp Chilli
What you will need
250g Minced lamb or beef
1x Table spoon of vegetable oil, olive oil, or rapeseed oil
1 x Small chopped red or white onion
5 x Chopped mushrooms of your choice
2 x Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 x Can of chopped tomatoes
1 x Can of three bean salad, or kidney beans
1-3 Table spoons of the Screaming Chimp Chilli Sauce of your choice
1x mug of water
Salt & Pepper
25g Grated chilli and lime cheese, (plain cheddar will do)
Chopped spring onion and sour cream to top with
- Heat your chosen pan on a medium heat
- Spoon in your chosen oil. Brown your chosen meat until you can see some crispy bits on the mince,
- Throw in the chopped onion, mushrooms and garlic. Stir for 30 seconds
- Bung in the chopped toms, can of chosen beans, your Screaming Chimp Chilli Sauce and the mug of water.
- Just leave it on a low heat to simmer for 15 mins….stir after 5 mins
- Sprinkle your cheese and top off with spring onion and sour cream.
Serve with some rice and enjoy!